Work With Us
MENTAL HEALTH CONSULTANT POSITION
The Capital District Child Care Council, Inc. provides early childhood mental health consultation to child care programs throughout New York’s capital region. Research shows that quality child care has long term benefits to children's social and emotional wellness, prepares them for future school success and supports healthy families. Consultants work in collaboration with early childhood educators and administrators, as well as families, to provide prevention and early intervention in a relationship based model.
The goal of the project is to strengthen the social emotional wellness of children in early care and education settings by supporting the environments in which they are cared for and the adults who are responsible for their well-being.
The consultant will provide a variety of services at early childhood programs including conducting classroom observations, holding partnership meetings, and conducting coaching and mentoring child care providers. The consultant, as part of a training team, will provide services and resources to promote positive social emotional environments, supports for children’s healthy development, and community outreach and advocacy.
- Develop and conduct workshops on child behavior, social emotional development, as well as, Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP).
- Develop and conduct parenting workshops.
- Offer workshops and technical assistance on The Devereux Early Childhood Assessment Program and the Teaching Pyramid Model (The Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning Vanderbilt University)
- Work with children, early educators and parents in a collaborative model using the DECA and other best practice models, to address social-emotional issues in the classroom.
- Observe in early childhood classrooms and model interventions for teachers and parents.
- Present corporate-sponsored seminars on topics relating to early childhood education.
- Collect documentation regarding program impact; participate in research and development and present information.
- Provide consultation to teachers regarding specific children and behaviors.
- MSW or Masters in Counseling (license preferred)
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in early childhood education or early childhood mental health
To apply: Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to Abbe Kovacik at firstname.lastname@example.org
FULL TIME REGISTERED NURSE POSITION
We are seeking a full-time Registered Nurse to educate child care providers on health and safety issues, the administration of medications, and the development of a child care program’s health care plan. This individual will provide technical assistance to program staff on health related illnesses and the special health care needs of children in a child care setting.
Applicants must have a valid NYS Registered Nurse license with 3 years of experience preferably in pediatric nursing. Public speaking, training, mentoring, and/or coaching experience for adults are a plus. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel locally within the six county regions covered by the Council.
Please send resumes to Jean Wiseman, RN at email@example.com
The Capital District Child Care Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested in volunteering? The Council always has a need for energetic individuals who can help with a variety of administrative tasks. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.